Monday, October 28

Fall 2019 Day 7

Goodbye Beaune, hello Paris!  Welcome to the big city!  We got to town, we have been here enough that we knew exactly how to get to our Airbnb from the train station. It’s like visiting an old friend. We were able to drop our luggage off at our place early but it was still being cleaned so we didn’t even get to see it, just drop our luggage off. We then took the metro up to Montmartre to find a patisserie and boulangerie I’ve been following on instagram for a few years and they have won award after award for their baguettes and croissants. We got croissants that were still warm. I bought one, gave Emily a bite and finished it and immediately went back in to buy 2 more!  Best croissant of my life!  So crispy and flaky and buttery. The flavor and texture was perfect and the layering of the dough was better than I’ve ever seen!  Their baguette was amazing also. We will be going back to that place regularly!  It’s not on the way to anywhere, but it’s worth the trek!!if you’re on Instagram, follow Le Grenier a Pain. We then made it back to our Airbnb. Check out the video!  It’s SO cute and perfect!!  Can’t imagine wanting to stay anywhere else while we are in Paris. Ok, so tomorrow is Emily and my 3rd anniversary. Our guests come tomorrow so we are celebrating a day early.  I’m truly the luckiest man alive. Emily is so wonderful and I’m thankful every day we found each other. I got married late in life and didn’t think I’d ever find the one. But, my patience allowed me to find the woman I was always supposed to be with. Together we have built a life that we both could only dream of. We work harder than we ever imagined, but we get rewarded by all of the love and appreciation from our customers every day. And as we all know, she’s the one that makes it all happen!  She’s the one that makes it the warm, wonderful, cheery, special place it is. I get to enjoy and appreciate her every day. That’s why I’m so lucky!!  Anyway, I’m taking Emily on a Seine River cruise with Champagne and then a romantic dinner afterwards. It’s going to be a late night so the blog may not post until tomorrow but we will see. I’ll be back to finish the blog after our special evening!  We had a lovely evening of cruising down the Seine and eating great food!  It was very romantic and wonderful!  I will keep it short and sweet because it’s very late and our guests arrive tomorrow morning. We had an appetizer of Foie Gras and smoked rabbit on toast that was amazing! Emily had the rabbit stuffed with oyster mushrooms and foie gras with bacon that was absolutely delicious and I had a ribeye steak with frites that was perfect!!  A great end to a great day!!!  Tomorrow we start being tour guides!  We can’t wait!!
















2 comments: