Sunday, November 26

Day 27 We are back in Paris for one last day of our adventure!

We are back in Paris staying at the same hotel we stayed at for our Honeymoon.  It's a great place in a great location with the nicest people!  They gave us a bottle of Champagne for our anniversary!  Very nice to be back here!  Paris is like an old friend to us now. We know it very well and feel very comfortable here. That's a great thing, because both of our first times here were rocky to say the least. We took a short nap when we got here, which was definitely needed!  Then, out exploring. We already were here for 6 days, so we decided to go to Luxembourg Gardens. Emily has seen pictures of the Medici Fountain there for a long time now and really wanted to see it in person. Its not far from our hotel so we made the walk. It's COLD here. Obviously not Michigan cold, but cold for us!  Low 40s. YUCK!  But we grabbed some Angelina's hot chocolate and just trudged through. It's very Christmas here!  It wasn't like that at all when we left a few weeks ago. Seeing the transformation is pretty cool. We walked all around the Gardens, the. Went to St Sulpice. I've always wanted to explore there since I'm a big fan of the DaVinci Code. This was our second attempt to visit there. Last time we were there after hours and walked in anyways and got asked to leave, nicely. This time there was some international Choir competition. We didn't get to hear singing and we didn't get to see the church because there were SO many people in there. Oh well, there's always next time. We came back to the hotel and for some reason, my stomach was really upset, maybe it was the sudden change from Italian to French food! LOL  So, on our last night, we stayed inside and didn't even have a farewell dinner!  😪. I'm really bummed because we had our last meal all picked out!  My sister's favorite restaurant in Paris, Relais De L'Entrecote. We are there twice last year and it's SO good!   But I had to miss out on it and I forced Emily to also. But, fortunately, we always have fun together. Even while I'm doing gas relieving yoga poses in our hotel room!!  LOL. She just sat there eating cheez-its and drinking the champagne the hotel gave us!  She's a real trooper!!!  :). We head to the airport tomorrow morning so this is truly the end of the adventure. The day after I get home I get to go to the hospital for tests and a heart catherization. Should be FUN!  Then pick up our Puppy! CANT WAIT!!!  Then get back to work for the week or two before I have surgery. Then, I recover and Emily is in charge of That French Place all by herself!!!  SCARY!! LOL She pretty much runs the place even when I'm there. I'm just the talent in the back! LOL  We really do appreciate you all following us on this amazing month we have had!  It really has been the trip of a lifetime!!  I love seeing the comments of people who read the blog. I'm always amazed that people really take the time!  I really do this to document it for Emily and I to look back on one day when we are knee deep in the summer months and dreaming of these days!  And to prove to my parents I'm a good writer! LOL  we truly love you all. We think the most special part of our job is the connections we have made with people all over. It really is what makes it fun for us. Sweet dreams to all and we can't thank you enough!  

Love Brian and Emily!






















No comments:

Post a Comment